1. How did you discover JM?
I loved his music from the time I heard “Your Body is a Wonderland”… didn’t take to “Heavier Things” at first, but eventually came around. When the Trio hit… I was hooked.
2. Which album do you identify with most and why?
Born and Raised
3. Which song would you like to see JM cover in the future?
…….. I am always happy to play the spectator on questions like this, rather than the influencer. I never would have thought Mercy could have been as bad ass as it is, as a cover. He’s the musician… I’m the girl in politics. If he doesn’t come into my office to tell me how to plan a media strategy, I won’t go into his to tell him what songs he should cover. :o)
4. Are you a musician/singer or ever had an aspiration to be one?
Writing has always been my first love, but I dabbled in music for a bit. I taught myself how to play the piano, played the flute for five years, but the guitar was this impossible mystery. I went back to writing and writing and I have been happy together ever since.
5. What are your thoughts on JM’s new album and new sound?
6. What do you think happened to Walt Grace?
I think Walt Grace is still walking amongst us on his own journey.
7. If you could tell JM one thing right now, what would it be?
I am so proud of you.
8. Favorite JM concert and why was it your favorite?
….. Honestly… they all have a time and a place and a special moment to them. If I had to choose one? Baton Rouge. No real reason… or maybe the June 2007 Houston show… because I heard Covered in Rain live, and I never thought I’d be able to say that.
9. Who would you like to see JM work with next? Could be an artist, producer, group whatever.
A Yo-Yo Ma collab would be - intriguing and one of the few people I don’t think he’s worked with.
10. Describe yourself in three words?
smart, sassy, liberal…(?) IDK
11. Finish this sentence: Love is…
…something personal, different, and undefinable to us all.
9:37 PM | 3 notes | http://tmblr.co/Zi8ygxNkfc3F